Apparently Covid is taking over the world again (not like it left), things are getting a little scary again with more cases every day. In our region, they have already decreased the amount of people in gatherings, in restaurants and stuff. It's only a matter of time that things will be on lockdown again...but I am praying and crossing all my digits that it doesn't.
What's been happening:
- kids are still in school
- Ricky is still at home, although he did go in this week for security training so that when he gets the call to go back in, he will be ready.
- Tanner has started playing baseball in Luskville on Tuesday nights. Last week was so cold and this week the weather was actually nice but we had to sit in the car cuz the mosquitoes were taking us away.
- Tanner also has been playing soccer on Wednesday nights and it's been good weather wise.
- Tanner is also signed up and ready for hockey this year, just waiting for final word on what is happening on that front. Typically we are already on the ice by now.
- Our Home and School Committee bought a tent to set up at the school so that the kids can have shelter when doing "outdoor learning".
- It was set up Friday and by Saturday evening, this happened!
- Now on to Plan B...
- I raided the community garden and made some homemade tomato sauce.
- Fall is here which means that meal preps are starting to include soups and stews.
- This weekend is my plan to decorate for Fall / Halloween
- Speaking of Halloween...there is so much talk of it being cancelled. I don't think the town has a say in whether it HAS to be cancelled or not, I think it should be your own discretion. If you don't feel comfortable, then don't hand candy out. I am making these little tags and attaching an orange balloon and going to give them out all over town...if you want trick or treaters, put our your balloon!
- Today there was a sale on at Ricki's for clearance bottoms, so I picked up some pants for work - it's been awhile since I bought myself clothes.
- While I haven't actually bought Christmas gifts yet, I feel that I have a list for each kid started at least.
- Maddy dyed her hair purple this week. Not sure what is with her hair. She has lots of it so we used two bottles but when it's all said and done, you can always see some of her hair and ends up looking just like highlights, which is okay too. She's happy with the result.
- Boomer has been getting into trouble the last couple of weeks. When we have to go somewhere and he is left alone, he has been getting mad at us and chewing things. Last week when we went to Montreal, he got a hold of my work bag and chewed the handles off, ate my snacks inside, ate another bag, and someone managed to open a drawer and eat like 5 white erasers.
- Then the little bastard was alone again for like an hour and he chewed Ricky's work shoe and my Naan bread that was on the counter.
- Sorry Boomer, back to the porch you go when we are gone. No more freedom. He has been so used to us being home with him since like March, when we leave, I guess he's lonely and bored.
What's new in your lives?


Maddy's hair is terrific! Poor Boomer sounds lonely. He'll be fine in the porch, I'm sure!
ReplyDelete